Friday, January 4, 2019

Girls Only

Thursday, January 3:  Since it is still Christmas break, Kaity AND Emma came over today to hang out. The boys opted to stay home and do other things instead. I am trying to learn NOT to guilt anyone in to coming over here ... my teenaged grandchildren need to be respected with their plans. It's hard for me, but I keep telling myself that it is NOT about me afterall.

We girls just hung out here. We ate a meal, we played Monopoly, we played a game of UNO. We popped some popcorn and watched "The Secret Garden" together at Emma's request. Kaity was not thrilled with the movie choice, but she hung in there through most of the story. I'm so glad we watched the movie--it's been a long time ago that Emma and I watched it together.
 This picture of Kaity is AFTER the movie. She looks exhausted, but more alive in the picture below. I think I just snapped the picture above at an inopportune time.
 We had some hot chocolate and snacks together after the movie.

Thankful to have these girls come over today. They do really well together if you remember that there is TEN years (almost) between them. Emma has done a lot of caregiving for Kaity over the years, and sometimes that's a hard thing! My heart was happy watching them tonight as they played and interacted. God was good to give each of them a sister!

No comments: