Sunday, September 29, 2019

A hodgepodge with Kaity today

Saturday, September 28:  After my doc appointment yesterday, I came home and ached all over--every single joint felt fatigued and downright OLD, plus my head ached, and since I had gotten a flu shot--my arm hurt too! I woke up Saturday morning in much the same physical condition and decided it was time for Advil to the rescue--otherwise, how would I ever find the strength to play with dear Kaity-Girl today?
 Thankfully, the Advil took the "edge" of my discomfort off. Kaity was pretty understanding about me not having my usual energy and was okay with just playing for a few hours at my house. Kaity had mentioned on Thursday that I needed some "DOG BONES" for my railroad. I asked her HOW on  earth she knew what that was? She's a smart little cookie, and told me that she knows all about this stuff. Anyway, Thursday night I ordered a pack of dogbones (on-line) and a new switch track (which also came with dog bones). I never expected that they would arrive so soon--but they did! So Kaity and I used them to build a super duper layout. Kaity is an excellent builder of tracks--she has so many good ideas.
 But THEN, it was time for school. "Miss Kaitlynn" ordered us all into the classroom and we worked on some math problems together and did a little bit of reading. Kaity chose a rather difficult book: "SkippyJon Jones" but since HER teacher is reading these books to her first grade class, Kaity was pretty thrilled that I actually owned TWO of them and had them right on my shelves.



 We got all of our schooling done, ate a really yummy meal of chicken, broccoli and rice with chocolate pudding for desert. Yum.
 We decided to play for a brief time at the playground nearest Kaity's house. I love Kaity's enthusiasm for playgrounds, and the fact that she is SO happy when exerting herself physically. She has real strengths that I'd like to see her develop further.


 These monkeybars used to appear SO BIG a few years ago, but NOW Kaity can practically reach the ground--so we decided to make her use the upper bar (see how she is doing this?).

 We were asked to help a nice lady who was attempting to remove her child from the child swings, but this new little puppy was being too active, so she asked if we would hold the leash while she got her kiddo out of the swing. Kaity was very happy to be of help. Kaity--you are SO good with animals!
PS.  Matey was well loved by Kaity today. She would play for 10-15 minutes, and then announce that she was going to hold Matey for awhile. She would march over to his cage, open his door, reach in and grab Matey without flinching or hesitation. Matey got quite used to Kaity today--she is quite unrelenting! 

No comments: