Thursday, September 26, 2019

Highest pleasure

Wednesday, September 25:  One of my favorite things to do in all the wide world is to cuddle up on the couch with this precious child and read a good story together. 
 We read, "Violet Comes to Stay", which is kind of an offshoot of the (beloved) Mitford series. The main female protagonists in the Mitford Series is Cynthia Coppersmith, a children's author of many books with Violet, the cat, the supreme object of her literary endeavors. Jan Karon has 14 books in the Mitford Series (so far), but these Violet books were written (evidently with Jan Karon's permission) by another author, who evidently all of us Mitford lovers would want a taste of Violet.
 Brendan loved this sweet little story about a kitten who couldn't seem to find his place in the world until a very kind woman adopted him into her book store, where we assume they both lived happily ever after.

Brendan also was pretty excited to share with me his Handwriting book. I've never seen him to enthused to practice his handwriting! Yes! Good job, Mr. Brendan!
 We even had enough time to squeeze in a little train time. I'm so thankful I have all this train stuff and that my little ones enjoy it so much. I like it too!
 Brendan's goal was to surround Matey by railroad--this time on the ground, instead of up on his table.
 It's wonderful to see Brendan building and enjoying himself just playing. I love you so much, dear Brendan.

It did my heart good to be with you today, Brendan. THank you, Lord, for this dear grandson.

No comments: