Sunday, September 22, 2019

Mill Creek with Kaity

Saturday, September 21:  Sweet Kaitlynn and I visited a small playground a few miles from my house Saturday. We've visited it before--but the true highlight of this little place is MILL CREEK. It's within sight of the playground, down a slopy place with stairs of roots!
 I'd forgotten how much I love this place! I love it because the creek is accessible. I love it because of the gorgeous trees and the interesting rocks and the little pathway that winds with the creek.
 My Kaity-dear loves to explore--as to ALL of the grandchildren--and ME TOO! It's a win/win! Most of all, I love to watch them abandon the cares and frets of this life and just ENJOY God's great beauty.





I found myself FULL to the top with thankfulness as I watched this dear child play, explore, laugh ... and get as close to the creek as possible without getting a soaker. 






 See what I mean? Actually, this place Kaity landed on is not as precarious as it might appear. Plus, Kaity is a very sure-footed child. She determined to find "pretty rocks" for my rock garden and set about doing it with all of her heart. I love this about Kaity.

 We met other interesting children along the way, but I've cropped them out of my pictures since we don't know them. One little fellow's name was Kingston, but he was called "King." He had a head full of curls and was full of naughtiness. His poor older brother had charge of him and it was ... tricky to say the least.

Kaity loves the outdoors. She is wired to explore, to climb unafraid, to jump high and go deep into new places.  



 Doesn't it look like Kaity is headed for disaster in the picture below?!
 She recovered herself nicely, however, and did not take the plunge! We stayed here quite awhile. It was quiet. It was peaceful. It was wonderful. 
 I put all of Kaity's rock collection in my camera case (which now has dirt stains ... oh well ...) and then Kaity placed them around my plants when we got to my house.
Thank you, Awesome God, for every minute of this afternoon.

No comments: