Friday, September 20, 2019

Thursday's photos

Thursday, September 19:  Kaity is still going strong on being a school teacher and requires that all of us here at the Beach House (me and my stuffed animals) address her as "MISS Kaitlynn." Consider it done! Kaity got her classroom all set up. We brought Mr. Matey-Bird in to be part of the class today, since afterall, he is the class pet.
 Miss Kaitlynn was all set to read our story today, "Oliver and Amanda: Lollipop." But she decided there were far too many words on each page. As mother of the pig, I offered to be a guest reader for the day and explained to Kaity that I used to volunteer this at an elementary school a few years ago. This was acceptable to her, so I sat in the teacher's chair and read the first two chapters of our book.
 Two chapters was the absolute limit, though, and we then moved on to our next item of business ...
 Paco was finally given permission to wear his sunglasses in class, but he got a bit carried away with being such a "cool dude pig" that the glasses had to be taken away once again!
 Miss Kaitlynn and Baby Lily started a project time. They were designing computer laptops together.

 We made a few other items out of cardboard, and then it was time to take a break and eat our lunch (which was actually dinner, but Kaity said they don't have "dinner" breaks at school; only "lunch" breaks ... so I settled for that!).


Early Evening:  Matthew's freshman football team had a home game, kick-off at 5:00--so Kaity and I drove over to watch his game. Jesse and Emma were already there in the bleechers (no pictures of them, though), and Diana came after she was finished with work.
 Matthew wears #18 ... see him?
 Comstock was playing Allendale ... not very well, either ... we got rather "creamed" 41-0. Oh well. Matthew got some good time playing in the game, and it seemed as though all the players were circulated pretty evenly. 
 Somewhere around half time, Emma and I went for a short walk behind the visitor bleechers. It was such a pretty evening and wonderfully warm too.
 Emma got better photos than these just using her Android phone! Those phones are really something! Of course, it would help if I ever JUST ONCE had my camera set on the proper setting.
 That's OK because just walking with Emma was very nice. It's not often we get to connect on a Thursday, so I was very thankful.
Kaity was slightly ticked off at me since I didn't drive her home--but both her parents and all of her siblings were at the game--I couldn't drop her off to NO ONE, could I? Not on your life!

No comments: