Friday, February 14, 2020

February 12

Wednesday:  Dear Mr. Brendan was a little "out of sorts" this afternoon. He was wandering around kind of blank, not sure what to do exactly--this isn't like him--usually he has a few things on his mind and right away begins an activity.
 Our little budgie bird came to the rescue and began chirping his little head off. Brendan loves Matey. He went right over to Matey's house and played for quite awhile with him ... mostly teasing him (kindly) and then laughing at his antics. Matey has been a real blessing around here.


 I was rinsing out some dishes after we had eaten, and Matey came to my back and shoulders and wandered around THERE for awhile. I got out a piece of lettuce for a little treat for him.
 I asked Brendan if he would grab my camera and snap a few pictures of our dear budgie.
 I think Brendan did quite a good job taking these portraits! I DID edit them a little bit on the computer, but not drastically.
 Look at the DETAIL of Matey's little eyes and lashes, and his beautiful feathers. Good job, Brendan!
 We also spent a LOT of time with PlaDoh this afternoon. Brendan was super into "texture" today, so he was making stuff and then using tools to make impressions and designs on them.
 Little Matey ate his lettuce for quite a long time, sitting up on my kitchen window sill.
Thank you, Lord, for budgie birds and grandsons ...

No comments: