Thursday, February 20, 2020

February 19

Wednesday:  It was a delightful few hours today with Brendan. I loved each and every minute. It's just that Brendan is such a dear little fellow, and I love his heart so much. I prayed a lot about him coming over today and hoped this week would not be a repeat of last week--if you remember, he had really been out of sorts and just didn't seem interested in doing anything, which is very UNLIKE him!

I felt God's answer to my prayer (because I asked Him for wisdom) was to go to the public library and get some interesting books we haven't checked out before. Brendan is a smart little guy, and he likes to learn new things or be reminded of interesting topics.

I put one of the books in the front seat door holder for him to read while we drove. It is called "Fortunately" and it's not a very sophisticated book but it is very funny and illustrated really well too. Brendan read the whole thing to me as we drove to my house and we laughed and talked about what the words "fortunately" and UNfortunately" meant. 
When we got to my house, I completely FORGOT to take any pictures and in fact had left my camera out in the car--so I real quick grabbed my phone and snapped this picture of Brendan. Look! He has his haircut and it looks very smart on him, don't you think? He talked about it being some kind of a lizard mohawk, but it doesn't look anything like that to me (thankfully !!). PLUS, it was "dress up like a fictional character" day today over at school, so Brendan came as Wiley the Wolf (from Great Wolf Lodge).  
We mostly played with our dear Matey-Bird and read books the entire three hours Brendan was here! It was so relaxing and it was super fun. We read, "Ground HUG Day", a really cute and funny story, "'B' is for Beacon" about lighthouses of the Great Lakes (lighthouses are a favorite around here), and we read parts of Jack Hanna's BIG Book of WHY, answering silly animal questions. I love how focused Brendan can stay when we read interesting stuff. And he has such a ready sense of humor. He's a great little guy, and I enjoy his company so much. Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers for tonight.

No comments: