Monday, February 17, 2020

February 16

Sunday:  Guess whose HALF birthday it is today?!?!? Yikes. Time sure goes by fast. Six months from now Emma will be a legal adult ...

We worshiped at Calvary this morning--an amazing and uplifting and wonderful service. Jesse and Kaity met us there! I can't begin to tell you how it feels to have Jesse sit with us during church ... my mind drifts way back to 30 years ago when the boys were young and all three of them were there in church with me. I loved those Sundays very much.

Emma and I ate a yummy lunch and then had our Bible study on two kings: Jotham (who was a remarkably GOOD king) and his extremely evil son, Ahaz. It was a good study in so many ways. Jotham walked with God and focused his life on what made God smile ... Ahaz was cowardly, unfaithful, and wicked to the very end. We prayed to be like Jotham! There isn't one single word in Scripture that says anything bad about Jotham! 
 We spent a lot of time with Matey ... I love these pictures of Matey and Emma!

 I showed Matey a new place where he could meet another mirror friend ... he stuck to it like glue for the longest time.

 Emma did a little bit of experimenting on a piece of canvas board with water colors. She was trying for a certain effect--water colors combined with sharpee markers--she had sketched some beautiful butterflies and was quite diligent in her efforts, but then decided she didn't like the result.




 We also needed to look for a good picture of her to email over to her school for her yearbook picture. I liked the first one--I think it is BEAUTIFUL of her ...
 But then we found this one I took when we were on top of the highest building in Chicago ...
 We zoomed in on it, and Emma used some of the editing tools on my photo program to clean up the window (it was dirty) and then she decided she liked this picture better than the one I liked ...
 For my own purposes, I put a little frame around it. I do like it very much ... except ... I like the first one better!

No comments: