Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February 23

Saturday night and Sunday:  Emma spent the night at the Beach House. We arrived a little after 8:00 and visited for awhile. Emma had her "Shrek" music with her and was checking some notes out that she is supposed to SING (a very HIGH "G") that we think is probably impossible to reach! It's always nice to sit and chat with Emma, though. I love to hear what she is thinking about. I'm glad she is involved in this theatre production--she really loves it.

We watched the movie, "The Case for Christ" which is the true story of how Lee Strobel came to faith in Jesus. It was really well done, I thought--better than most "Christian" productions. The acting was very good and the story line flowed quite well too. This was the second time I watched it this week and I learned so much about the suffering of Jesus from the research he did, beginning as an atheist trying to prove that Jesus never actually died on the cross, etc. Emma followed the movie closely too. I'm not certain what she thought of it exactly. I'm struggling to find decent movies for us to watch together. We really love laughing together, and we've seen a bunch of funny movies--but what if this is the last year I am alive? Don't I want to impact Emma, teach her all I can about the Lord? 

Sunday morning we worshiped together. Jesse met us at Calvary for the fourth week in a row! Dear Kaity went to Sunday School. Emma and I came home and ate a good lunch and then studied a little bit about the end of the kingdom of Israel and their exile. NOT a happy story--but from there, we are moving on to talk about King Hezekiah--one of my very favorite kings! It may take us more than one week to study his life and I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: