Monday, February 17, 2020

February 15

Saturday:  Dear, dear Kaity-Girl was quite playful this afternoon. I'm always thankful when she finds enough to entertain herself around here rather than demanding that I do it for her. 
 Kaity marched herself back to the playroom and fetched all of our plastic cups from the shelf back there and brought them out to the main room to "build stuff." She decided to make an "ice fort" and went at it with all of her might.
 She DID allow me to help out a little bit. We got it as high as our number of cups would permit ...
 Kaity invited Paco and Lily to join her in her fort, but Paco's rear end kept knocking one or more of the cups off, which naturally led to more cups falling. It didn't take very long at ALL for Kaity to use Paco to destroy the fort ...
 She then decided that since Paco had been deliberately "naughty", he would have to be punished for his crimes. She decided to build him a prison (which looked remarkably identical to the ice fort she had built earlier) ...
 Notice WHERE Paco's prison cell is located!
 We fancied the prison up a little bit and then Kaity decided it was a castle and Paco was in the dungeon.



 Paco was finally "freed" and then Kaity BLEW the castle down bit by bit ... we had a lot of fun playing with these cups today.
 I had a bit of dinner prep to do, so I requested that Kaity put my camera around my neck and take some interesting pictures for us to look at later ... here is what they look like:




 Kaity was very pleased to get these pictures of Matey grooming himself ...

 Then she moved on to Baby Lily ...
 It seems that in the last few weeks our Baby Lily and our Paco the pig have fallen in love ...
 Kaity likes to tell stories about how much they love each other ... it's really a scream to listen to her ...
 Matey flew into the kitchen to help me with my cooking ...

 After we ate, we got out some art stuff. This book that Kaity has is a fun book that you use a wooden tool (it has a special name, but I can't seem to spell it). You scratch off the black overlay and underneath are pretty colors.
 Matey really really wanted the wooden tool ...
 He was rather relentless in his pursuit ...

 Then Kaity went back to her photography ...
 I snapped a few pictures of Matey too!

 And then we had our weekly Kit-Kat candy bar ... I get ONE slice and Kaity gets THREE ...
 These TWO ... 





 I LOVE these pictures of Kaity and Matey ... true love!

Another really special thing about our afternoon was this:  Last Sunday, Kaity went to church with Jesse and Emma. Jesse enrolled Kaity in the Sunday School class for second service and their Bible story was on Queen Esther. Kaity couldn't remember very much of the story, but I have a very nice picture-book of that story that is very well done. I printed off a few color pages from the internet so that Kaity could color Queen Esther while I read the story to her. She did a beautiful job coloring, and listened very carefully to the story. We had such a nice time talking about how brave Queen Esther was as well as Mordecai, and how God delivered them from being destroyed. I was so thankful for this story time with Kaity today!

No comments: