Thursday, December 30, 2021

CHRIST our PEACE

This is the Christmas card I sent out this year:





I took these photos in January 2021 while on a weekend walk with Emma. We had followed this gorgeous swan along the river for awhile--with me hoping and hoping it would come close enough for me to get a few good pictures. I snapped close to 100 frames and ended up with a few that I could use. I knew right away that I would eventually use it on a Christmas card. 

The overriding theme (always) to me at Christmas is that CHRIST CAME. I still really can't get over it. That He would leave all of the comforts and glory of His heavenly home to enter into this world of people who would despise and reject Him--it just goes beyond what I can comprehend. Anyway, I don't have to understand it. I only have to believe, that's all. And I do. 

"He came and preached peace to you who were close and to those who were far away." Ephesians 2.17

Peace. Peace. Wonderful peace. Thank you, Jesus.

PS  The song, "Welcome to our World" by Chris Rice--I loved this song from the first time I heard it back when it was released. It says so much to me, which is why I used it.

No comments: