Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 14 Unusually nice

Tuesday: The grandchildren and I had such a nice day today! We managed to play for hours and hours while sitting at my table coloring, cutting up paper, and singing songs. I loved every minute of it. 

Erin was intensely interested in my Christmas tree today. She wanted to see every single ornament. At this moment, she was looking up to the very top of the tree where the angel was affixed, changing colors from green to blue to pink. Erin really likes the angel.
I turned my back to retrieve something from the kitchen when I heard her fall. Erin fell directly IN the Christmas tree. It took a bit to untangle her from Christmas lights and homemade picture ornaments, but we managed, and she took it like a trooper. I'll re-decorate the tree ... tomorrow.
The children barely got out any toys today. They were completely contented reading books, drawing, playing the piano and singing. Thankfully, the younger two let Brendan have a super long time at my piano without interrupting his exploration of the different sounds it could make. Brendan really enjoyed having the piano to himself. He requested that I play "We Three Kings" so that he could hear the song and practice for the Christmas pageant this coming Sunday. Erin requested a few other Christmas songs, so I played and she sang for awhile. Super sweet.
Aidan created another book this week. I hope that someday he writes a best-seller. I have all of these great pictures of him that we could use on his book jacket!
At about 4:00, I put in our "The Secret Life of Pets" CD and popped some popcorn while we watched. I have all of the stuffed animals from this movie. So the kiddos played with the animals and laughed their heads off. It really is quite a well-written and funny movie.

We drove back to their house and arrived by 6:00 to enjoy pizza and some time to visit with Dylan and Kelly and little Cal. I neglected to take any pictures of Callaghan--he was super tired and not completely "in sorts" ... you should see how he mimicks the older kids now. Aidan was "marching" around the front room like a soldier and Callaghan followed along behind, marching all the way. I didn't have my camera, only my phone. I did take two pictures with my phone (see below) of their very colorful tree. It's such a nice, homey little tree!


I left to return home somewhere around 7:00. I was tired, but very happy and truly thankful for family.

 

No comments: