Wednesday, December 8, 2021

December 7 Pink Hair--oh my!

Tuesday:  When pre-school was filing out today, I recognized Erin's pretty coat ... but she was at a distance and I wondered what on earth she had on top of her head. ??  It turns out ... it was her hair! Rather pink, wouldn't you say? It seems her "Noo-na" (I'm sure this is misspelled) treated her to some fancy nail polish and spray-on hair dye. Erin was delighted. She told me that she was now a "weal pwincess"!

Aidan penned TWO more books today--one a full size book of about 10 pages, the other was a half-page book that had perhaps 8 pages. He filled these up with pictures and letters but today he had a truly "novel" idea (ha!) inthat he utilized a colored pencil in each hand and used them simultaneously.
True talent.
Erin was happy to use her sparkly pencils ... no books from this kiddo, just lots and lots of circles with lines extending for arms and legs. She did manage to put eyes on one of the circles and announced that she was finished drawing ME, wondering if I liked it?

Yes, sweet Erin. Your picture was very beautiful. You will think me terrible, though, because with all of the paper, scissors, pencils, sharpeners, stencils, etc. on the table--I totally misplaced her little drawing. I intended to keep it and put it on my refrigerator. Pooh.

Aidan built for awhile with the magnet tiles. He designed a really BIG house today with a covered entrance.

Brendan created a marble run. It took him a while, but he was successful making three separate runs that all connected together. Good work!



We watched "parts" of a really dumb movie: "Beethoven". I should have previewed it first. I was able to fast-forward the story, though, and get to the "happy" ending before too much boredom ensued. That will teach me not to plan ahead. 

The children were VERY active today. Between the three of them, I was totally occupied for the entire time they were here. We drove back to their house where we played for another hour or so, enjoyed a pizza together, and visited with baby Cal and Dylan and Kelly. It was a good day.

No comments: