Friday, December 24, 2021

December 23 Rockford lights with Kaity

Thursday:  I decided to take Kaity out to Rockford to see the light display over by the dam. She loves to be outside, and the weather was mild enough to allow us to enjoy it ... so we did.

I obviously have NO idea how to take night photographs. I've looked at the settings on my camera and can't seem to find one that accommodates darkness whatsoever. Anyway, this is the best I could do in my ignorance of all things photographic ...

Kaity was usually a half block ahead of me, but occasionally I got her to STOP and turn around so that I could snap her picture. She's a speedy one!

The lights are all along the walkway that leads up to and over the dam. I love the sound of the water.

Kaity was very pleased to be outside, running along beside the dam, trying to photo-bomb my pathetic pictures ...
Kaity! You are getting so grown up looking ... and more and more looking like Christopher!






Isn't it so pretty?

Afterwards, we drove back to my house. I thought we would enjoy some hot chocolate and marshmallows, but Kaity said, "No!" ... so I decided I would offer her ice cream instead, which she gladly ate. I was too cold for ice cream! We played a few games of UNO, looked at a few books (briefly) and then drove back to Jesse. Just two more days until Christmas ...

No comments: