Monday, December 6, 2021

December 4 with Kaity

Saturday:  I arranged to pick Kaity up early this afternoon because I have a get-together with my small group at 5:00 tonight. Kaity was ready at 1:00 and we came over here to play. I was really at a loss to think of something Kaity and I could do together today--she has been quite obsessed with her phone lately--or with watching "shows" or repeatedly asking to watch the "Home Alone" movies while here with me. I don't at all mind watching a movie with Kaity, relaxing with popcorn and everything--but the same movie every week? No way. 

I searched in my art supplies before I picked Kaity up and found a few little wooden "signs" (which I neglected to photo) and some wood paint--we spent the first 40 minutes painting our signs. Kaity said it had been a long time since she had painted anything and seemed very glad to be doing it. Yes! When I say these signs are little ... they are perhaps 4" x 4". We finished painting and then--almost miraculously--Kaity began to play with some of the toys we haven't gotten out for awhile. She has three sets of PlayMobiles here at my house. I've kept them here for her so that the pieces don't get lost. We spent the next hour or so setting them up and playing with them. 


Kaity "allows" the other grandchildren access to these toys, so they DO get played with a lot when she isn't even here--and I realize Kaity is getting older now and will not enjoy this kind of play for much longer--but she did today and that's all that mattered. My dear friend, Brenda, was praying that Kaity and I would do better together today than we did Thursday (when Kaity played games on her phone most of the time). 



I took Kaity home by 4:30 and then drove across town to my small group Christmas party at Margaret's house. She has such a lovely home and I love both Margaret and Mike so much. There were 18 of us--I was able to meet some new people, and it was a really nice evening. 
 

No comments: