Monday, December 20, 2021

December 18 An early Christmas celebration

Saturday: It is still a week before Christmas, but because Christmas falls on a Saturday this year, we decided to celebrate it THIS Saturday over at the Beach House with this part of my family. Ella was invited too, because she and Chris are a "couple", and we enjoy having Ella with us.

We began with opening presents--the bulk of which was for Kaity-Girl. Hey--there are perks to being the "baby" of the family afterall! 


I really did not do a very good job photographing this occasion--too much else was going on around me to worry very much about pictures. But I did at least try.


Emma opened Belle's gift--a very nice Cat Tree/Hammock--it's small, and a perfect size to squeeze into Emma's room here at the Beach House. We are hoping Belle likes it enough to use IT for scratching instead of the couch.

We ate kind of a late breakfast kind of meal: my cinnamon french toast, sausage, bacon, fruit--that kind of thing--with hot chocolate and marshmallows, and then lots and lots of yummy Christmas snacks the rest of the afternoon.

Several rounds of UNO were played ...

Ella wanted to play a game of "LIFE", so that happened too ... at one point, Christopher was bankrupt but then gained it all back and ended up winning the game.
And look what Emma got me for Christmas? The cutest little snow owl hand puppet! I've named him "Pee Wee." He will be a nice addition to our puppet fun around here.
All and all, it was a very nice few hours spent together here. I don't see the boys very often and I miss being part of their lives--so it's always nice to be together in one room with all four of these kiddos. Thank you, Lord, for family.

No comments: