Monday, December 20, 2021

December 19 Christmas Pageant

Sunday:  Last year, Christmas 2020, there was NO Christmas Pageant due to COVID restrictions. I was so happy that this year the children could do their pageant. It's always such a grandma-treat! 

Here is baby Cal with his mama. He is 18 months now--too young to be in the pageant. He didn't let it bother him, though, he was very involved with the whole event. He is a happy little guy. He looks super tired in this picture!

Brendan got to be one of the three wise men this year. Look how handsome he is! I thought he looked wonderful in his costume. His favorite color is blue. I love his expression in this picture.
The costumes are very well put together and the children clearly love wearing them.




Those pictures above were taken before the pageant began. I thought I would catch Brendan while I could!

There is nothing extra-ordinary about the pageant, and I think that's what makes it so special. The Christmas story is read from Scripture and as it is read, the children act their parts. They did sing a few Christmas carols sprinkled among the Scripture reading. It was very lovely. Below are Joseph, Mary, and the baby Jesus. Can you see the little angel on the left? That is our Erin.

Aidan and Erin stood next to each other throughout their part. They are so darling. I could barely contain myself.




Erin told me earlier in the week that she was going to be "Elsa" in the Christmas pageant. She didn't seem terribly disappointed to be an angel afterall though. Isn't she the sweetest little thing?













I'm going to post a few more angel pictures in another post ...
 

No comments: