Sunday, December 12, 2021

December 11 To the Gardens we will go

Saturday:  I took Kaity over to Meijer Garden yesterday afternoon to see the display of decorated Christmas trees from around the world. I invited Emma, told her she was free to decline (which she did)--so Kaity and I went without her. Emma doesn't like "public" events very much--especially where there are crowds, etc. I expected the exhibit would be super crowded today because of it being a Saturday, but due to the "wind event" we've been having for the past 24 hours, there really weren't many people here.

In past years, I have been here with Brendan and we could barely walk there were so many people. Not so today. I knew this entire thing would interest Kaity for a total of 30 minutes, and I was practically right on target with that. She did okay, but this really isn't her kind of interest. Had it not been so windy outside, we would have wandered around out there since Kaity loves being outdoors--but we had really gusty winds yesterday!
Kaity brought her baby Angel along, since this is her first Christmas being in Kaity's family. Look how carefully she holds this little doll. Kaity is like a mama with this doll, and it is very sweet to watch.


I would have stopped to take pictures of the beautiful flowers, but Kaity wasn't going to have any of that whatsoever ...
We DID follow the train around for awhile ...


We went around to each of the pretty trees and I tried to get Kaity to at least take note of all of the interesting differences between how countries decorate their trees ... and Kaity was pretty patient with it, but not terribly interested.

It was still good to be there, to get away from the house for a little bit and just enjoy a Christmas outing.
When we got to my house, Emma was ready to spend time with Kaity. They did their hair together, did a facial (!!), and then painted together. It was a real JOY for me to watch them interact and have such a nice time together.
Emma wasn't too keen on having her picture taken because she had not fussed over her appearance--afterall, it was Saturday and that's when we don't have to worry about that stuff, right? I told her no one looks at this blog--NO ONE. She disagreed and said that all anyone has to do is to google her name and it brings them right here to this meager blog! Sorry Emma. You look just as pretty when you are not trying as when you do!


Here are Kaity's two paintings. She is going to give them to her mom for Christmas.
I'm uncertain as to why Kaity has this rather peevish look on her face ... 
I am so thankful for these stress-free hours with Kaity and Emma. Next weekend, we hope to host the brothers and celebrate Christmas a week early. Christopher has indicated that he will come. I am just waiting to hear from Matt. Perhaps Ella will join us too. If I get my "act" together, I will bake sugar cookies throughout the week and then we can decorate them together next Saturday.

No comments: