Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A two-some

Saturday, October 20:  Well! When I went to pick up the children Saturday afternoon, I found that it was going to be a TWO-SOME of Matthew and Kaity ... Emma and Christopher had other plans. It was super COLD, windy, rainy, nasty weatherize ... so we went over to my house with Matthew lamenting off and on that we couldn't go exploring in the woods. He had asked, and I had told him that I don't explore in the cold rain. He could not see why on earth that would bother me!

We played over here at my house for quite awhile, ate a nice dinner, and then I asked these two if they were interested in seeing the bungee trampoline over at the mall ... and would they like to try it? They both gave a very LOUD "Yes", "Y-E-S!"

 I told the kids that I was not 100% sure that the trampoline would actually be OPEN and told them what had happened when Brendan and I were there on Wednesday--how they were closed and we had to come back an hour later. So when we were in the car and ready to drive to the mall, I stopped first and asked the Lord if He could have the trampoline open without 100 people waiting in line for it ... We told Him that we were just asking, NOT demanding ...

We got to the mall ... and ... Praise to the Lord! The trampoline place was OPEN and there was only a very brief wait. Matthew was the first to get harnessed in and ready to jump.
 Matt caught on very quickly how to jump really high, and after a few missed tries at first, he succeeded in doing a back flip and dozens more to follow!


 It was very fun to watch him!



 Matthew even got extra time as they were getting Kaity's harness adjusted. I think Matt ended up with 10 minutes, instead of just the five we paid for!

Kaity was a little surprised (I think) by how scary it was to jump high. She declined to go any higher and was not interested in doing any flips. This surprised me because she is a little monkey on the playground and seems undaunted by any fear whatsoever. But ... I was glad to see her try this out and KNOW that she didn't want to go any higher and so therefore, she didn't!

We went into Barnes & Noble to look around for awhile after their jumping was over. Look who we found?! Beatrice Zinker! Matthew decided to put this beautiful book in a more prominent position on the shelf.
 I think Kaity was more thrilled to ride the escalator than she was the bungee trampoline! She told me she had "always wanted to ride on one of these!" I couldn't believe this was her FIRST time! Oh my word.



I love these guys. We had so much fun. I'm super thankful to be their grandma.

No comments: