Friday, October 19, 2018

My Kaity-kins

Thursday afternoon, October 18:  I picked up Kaity from school and took her downtown to the museum. She had asked about going down there LAST week, but this week was actually a better time; and since I had just been downtown with Brendan that morning, I knew the dinosaur exhibit was a good one and that Kaity would enjoy it.
 Kaity DID enjoy it. She told me it was "very scary" to be INSIDE a dinosaur. I asked her to pose right up close to the teeth, but she wouldn't have any part of that. "TOO scary, Grandma!"  
 This is such an excellent exhibit and so much for kids to do. The models are put together incredibly well.
Kaity did a good job getting around to everything there was to see and do.

 But ... the carousel is still her favorite thing about the museum. Her SMILE was SO wide while we rode our horses together.

 Since we are museum members, we rode 2x! The smile never left Kaity's face! 


 Outside the museum, Kaity posed as Lady Liberty. This is what Kaity is going to be this year for Halloween!
 I was SO pleased to find out how excited Kaity was about the new train stuff. I have never seen Kaity play this much with ONE set of toys, not ever. She had every imaginable scene going on and enjoyed it with all of her heart. She was also super careful about the tracks and the layout. Good job, Kaity!


 But, if I were to vote on Kaity's favorite thing about our afternoon/evening ... it was the LEAVES. Kaity LOVES to work outside in the yard. Yay! Me too!
 I found her rake and she proceeded to rake up a pile (I helped). She said she wanted to make a "leaf mountain", so we did!
 Kaity! You are so much fun! And look at your beautiful smile!
 We kept finding little sticks and twigs in our leaf pile. We tried to pull all of those out before Kaity started her jumping routine.


 Obviously, I need help focusing action shots ... but this is Kaity, mid-air!

 Kaity decided she would make a pretty good "leaf mummy." I agree totally.

 You are super precious, Kaity ... dear, dear Kaity.

 Below is Kaity, completely "dead" in the leaves.
I love you, darling Kaity. It was so much fun to be with you tonight. PS  Kaity also beat the smithereens out of me playing our Dinosaur Memory game tonight. Sigh.

No comments: