Tuesday, October 23, 2018

All filled up with love

Monday, October 22:  Prince Charming came over today as he does every Monday ... what a kid. Usually what happens is ... I pick him up at 9:30 or so. We leave his house by about 9:45 to drive to my house--and he falls dead asleep in my car on the way over, about half way here he is sound asleep. SO ... it has been warm enough (and he is SUPER warm always) to put a soft blanket over his sweet body and let him take his little nap while I run around inside my place and accomplish a few things. However, soon, this will not be an option (because of COLD). Anyway, I usually wake him up between 10:30 and 11:00 and bring him inside.
 Every week, Aidan heads right to his special chair to have a snack. We get him all safely secured in his chair, and he eats about a 20-minute snack (with ME as his entertainment). His mama had made him a healthy smoothie that morning and he finished it up over at my house. I also gave him some apple juice in his pumpkin that he reluctantly drank. (Note to self: Do not buy any more apple juice--Aidan enjoyed the peace juice much better).
After our snacks, we play for a very long time. Actually, Aidan plays quite independently! I interact with him, but he is quite content to roam around, open cupboards, look at books, fiddle around with odd items, etc.  
 This activity center is probably the best $55 I have ever spent. Aidan is the SIXTH grandchild to enjoy it after all of these years. I had purchased it just before Emma was born sixteen years ago. The hours and hours of play it has given the children! 
 Aidan went to his favorite chair--the window sill--and played there for a long time as well. Paco joined him.



 I circulate and toys every couple of weeks and get down stuff he hasn't seen for awhile. He likes that. New stuff is fun ... even when it ISN'T new stuff.
 His favorite toy today was the little green turtle whose legs and feet can retract inside his shell--a little dial turns and "POP!" out come the legs and feet. Aidan did this 100x (at least) and was so pleased. He is a very cause-and-effect kind of person.
 After our second snack was finished, we (I) decided to drive over to Robinette's for a few minutes on our way back to Aidan's house. It was a cold afternoon, but very pretty outside. Aidan seemed happy just to be outside. He enjoyed himself very much.

 Aidan, dear, YOU ARE ADORABLE. That little red coat ... yikes ... SO cute.
 These are some of the carved squash/pumpkins we ran across ...



 Robinette's has been around for a very long time. I love it here.
 Aidan loved it too!

 But then it was time to go ...
 And look at the l'il darlin we found when we got to Aidan's house? L'il Erin Lucia! Look at her beautiful smile!

 Erin is adoring her daddy in this picture ...
 ... and her mama in this one. She is a dear little soul ... it must run in their family.
I love them so much.

No comments: