Friday, October 26, 2018

Thursday, October 25:  I picked Kaity up from school. I had purchased a few tiny pumpkins on the way over to her school. She had asked me last week if we could paint a few pumpkins together. She was very excited when she saw the pumpkins in the back seat of my car!
 Having never painted a pumpkin before ... well perhaps once ... I am not good at it at all. I printed out a few samples off the internet, just to have something to copy (that's how creative I am). 
 Kaity said she wanted to make a minion out of hers. She had SO MUCH FUN.
 We had to do our paint in layers and let one layer dry before adding other colors ... so in between, while we were waiting, Kaity built her own train layout. She really went to town on it too.
 Plus, she asked if she could play with my window stickers. We had to hunt them down first! WHERE had I put them? Ah! Finally! We found them back in the playroom in a drawer. So Kaity decorated my window for awhile too. She really enjoys herself here. I'm so glad.





 Kaity is somewhat difficult to read a book to ... she is just not INTO books that much ... so I kind of have to trick her into it! Thankfully, I have a stuffed lamb (named Layla) who decided SHE wanted to hear the story about Brave Little Finn. Kaity has a real soft spot for stuffed animals; so she took Layla on her lap and we actually finished an ENTIRE story! Yes! Kaity seemed to enjoy the story very much ... 
 THEN, I talked Kaity into going outside ... it doesn't take much convincing. Kaity would rather be outside than anything else in the world. When I showed her my leaf blower, she just about lost it.
 Kaity blew leaves around to her hearts content. She cracks me up. SHe was like Rambo woman out there.

 We made a smaller leaf pile than last weeks, but she enjoyed jumping in it anyway.

 And she played a very authentic dead maiden for my camera ...
 When we went back inside, Kaity found my small white board and took it to the round table. She said she had a surprise for me. Yes! I LOVE surprises. She told me NOT to look until she was finished. I was very obedient.
This is Kaity's picture of me picking her up from school this afternoon. Isn't it SO sweet? Ah, Kaity. You have grandma's heart, yes you do!

No comments: