Sunday, October 28, 2018

Greedy for more ...

Sunday, October 28:  Truth IS, I just don't want October to end. Hasn't it been beautiful? "I'm so thankful I live in a world with Octobers!" quothe Anne (although I'm positive I don't have this word for word and am too lazy to go look it up!) But ME TOO! I'm so thankful for October.
The colors this week have peaked (I think), at least in our area, and I have enjoyed them hugely. We've been studying Isaiah's beautiful book every week, both in our worship in Sunday, and in our Monday Night Bible study groups. This week's lesson was on "The Throne Room" and Isaiah Six. So I've spent all week cross-referencing this beautiful passage, and the more I studied the BIGGER and more AWESOME God was ... and the tinier and more insignificant I became until I almost disappeared. I hope it sticks.
 Yes, the WHOLE earth IS full of HIS GLORY. He is amazing.
Isaiah says in 57:15 "For this is what the high and lofty One says--he who lives forever, and whose name is holy: 'I live in a high and holy place, BUT ALSO with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit ...'  And what is God's goal, this incredible fact that HE LIVES IN puny little me? The rest of the verse says this " '... to revive (make alive again, bring back from the dead) the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.'"  How amazing is that ... it's terrifically difficult to wrap my mind around it, but I am trying.



 So where is this place that I am trying to capture? Well, I was driving home from lunch with a friend (after church) this morning, and just south of Kuyper College, on the east side of the Beltline there is this ... area ... I don't know what to call it actually. I pass it regularly as I drive on the Beltline, but it's a bunch of office buildings and medical buildings that have been recently built around a small ... lake ... pond ... I'm not really sure what to call it. I just drove into the main driveway and pulled my car over as close as I could to the path that led down to this little spot and I found that there was a well-made path surrounding the whole pond. SO I walked it.

 I'm glad I did! It had rained ALL morning, but it was about 3:00 or so and the rain had ended, making it all the prettier back in here because the colors were enhanced by the moisture.
 I looked it up on the map and this spot has no name whatsoever. No park name. No pond name. Nata.



 That's okay! It sure is pretty. I cropped out all of the buildings ...








This might be my very last October walk! I'm thankful for it.

No comments: