Friday, October 5, 2018

Wednesday's stuff

Wednesday, October 3:  Brendan brought me inside his classroom today when I picked him up from school. He was anxious to show me the class pets:  Mealworms, mealworm pubas, mealworms that had transformed into beetles, super worms, wax worms, and the newest pets (!!) ... milk weed bugs!
 Brendan is incredibly fascinated by all of these insects and takes a lot of pride in watching them grow and change. He tells me ALL about them on a regular basis. I was very glad to finally get a "look-see" at them all. I had pictured all of them together in a big glass tank, but Brendan kept speaking about his very own mealworm and I wondered how on earth he could decipher which mealworm was actually HIS. Answer? Above picture. See the individual bottles? Brendan's name is on one of those mealworm bottles!

 Brendan has a very keen mind for obscure information and he loves to share all of the details of new stuff to me. I love to listen to him. He is a very enthusiastic student.
 Below is Brendan's milk weed bugs. They are super TINY and bright red.
 This is Brendan's school playground. He was telling me all about it as we played.
 What a nice school you get to go to, Brendan! I'm so thankful you get to attend!


 After school, Brendan and I went over to my house and played for awhile. We read some more library books. Brendan so enjoys a good story. His favorite one from this reading session was a book called:  "My Weird School Fast Facts: Dogs, Cats, and Dung Beetles." There was a ton of interesting information in the few chapters we finished. We are going to continue reading it next week.

When we got back to Brendan's house, the "babies" were playing together. I only had my phone with me and I'm terrible at taking pictures with it--but this was at least one cute one that I caught of Aidan saying "Hi" to baby Erin.
 And speaking of baby Erin ... look how super cute she is? Oh my word!
 Aidan loves to play with me. I am a very blessed grandma, for sure. We horsed around with these boxes for awhile, and did our usual tickle games. Aidan did not want me to leave! He is so sweet when he hugs me and pats my back.
Wednesday nights are pretty special all around. I'm so thankful I get to be part of these guys' lives!

No comments: