Sunday, October 14, 2018

More of Rogue River Trail

Saturday, October 13:  I took way too many pictures to post it all in one posting ... so here are more photographs from our hike along the Rogue River Trail the other day. 

This first picture is of ... is this a heron? If so, what kind? There were THREE of them back in this fishery pond but I couldn't get close enough to get a good picture. This one is zoomed in to the max. When we tried to walk closer, it took off ... and of course, I was too aghast to actually catch the flight on camera. I was so stunned with the beauty, that my pictures of the flight missed the bird altogether!
 So this, evidently, is Fathead Minnow Pond where minnows are raised and then transferred to the other pond, the Walleye pond.

 I'm not terribly much into the fishery thing ... it's not that it isn't interesting, it's just that there was too much else to distract me ...
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE trees ... all of them ... aren't they gorgeous?




 The trail got a little bit muddy through here, probably because of all of the rain we had last week. But it was worth jumping over puddles and skirting the mud, just to walk this close to the Rogue and see its beauty.

 This is my favorite picture of the day (below) ... it's so alluring ... the next one too. I love the colors, the shadows ...





I certainly will not be bereft of pictures to use for fall cards now, will I? I have such an abundance!

No comments: