Friday, October 19, 2018

Comstock 13, Sparta 0

Wednesday evening, October 17:  Tonight was Matthew's LAST football game of the season. Have I been to any of his games? No. Yikes. BUT tonight's game was a HOME game, which made it easier to attend AND Brendan was having a very unique and first-of-a-kind Wednesday night sleepover at my house. Saturday when I was with Matthew, he made a special point of telling me that tonight was his last game and ... would I come? YES. 
 Matthew's number is 80. He plays with the kick-off team. He is a good runner and he seems to have enjoyed his first year playing football. Tonight's WIN was their only one--but a WIN it was! 
 Christopher plays on the freshman team, so he and Matt do not play together. Actually, Christopher and Tyler were "water boys" for Matt's game tonight.
 Kaity and Brendan were thrilled to play together during the game, running down the hills, and just laughing and having a good time. 
 It was COLD and WINDY ... I was frozen. Thankfully, all four of us (oh! Emma was with us too) enjoyed some yummy HOT chocolate. It was nice just to have something warm to hold on to. I should have worn mittens!

 Congratulations, Matthew! I am super proud of you #80! I'm so glad Comstock scored a win tonight. They played a good game.

No comments: