Sunday, December 30, 2018

An unusual Thursday

Thursday, December 27:  It's Christmas break for schools, so I gave an open invitation to Kaity's siblings to join us today. Emma accepted! I wanted to take them to the Public Museum to see "Let it Snow" at the Planetarium. 
 Based on how crowded the museum was this morning, I should have done a bit more calculating ... because even though we arrived in plenty of time to purchase our tickets to the show, it was completely SOLD OUT by the time we made it through the very long admittance line. I have a grandparent membership to the museum, so the tickets would not have cost me extra; however, I still needed to obtain tickets for seating purposes. But there was no more room.
 The girls were not overly disappointed, thankfully. We rode the carousel for awhile ...




 And we explored some of the odd games the museum had on the first floor ...
 Kaity tried out the toy piano ...
And then we pretty much were finished at the museum. On a more normal day, I know both girls would have been willing to stay longer and find out what else was going on down there, but it was SO crowded. Emma hates being in cramped spaces, and Kaity isn't too crazy about it either. We brought some pizza home with us and then played here for awhile before going back to their place. Thank you, dear granddaughters, for coming over this afternoon!

No comments: