Wednesday, December 5, 2018

CP's Holiday Concert

Tuesday, December 4:  Tonight was the Comstock Park Choirs Holiday Concert. This is the first concert for Emma that she has NOT been a choir member! 
 Emma decided to audition this year for the ensemble group, ROLLING IMPACT. For her audition, she had to sing "The Star Spangled Banner" solo. She was accepted into this great group of kids!
 Emma did a wonderful job tonight. She was spot on with every single word, every note, every beat ... and she even smiled as she sang. Emma loves music and she has a very nice voice too.
 Look how grown up she has become! Emma! 
 All of these pictures so far were taken with my zoom lens. I got very fortunate tonight in that the lighting technician did everything "wrong" (according to Emma). He never brought the lights up and down! SO ... what I'm trying to say is that the lights were ON instead of OFF making it totally possible for me to (for once) get some really nice pictures of Ems. She shuns getting her picture taken in the worst way! I barely have any good pictures of her in the last few years!
I super LOVE these photos of her. She is every bit this lovely and more.
 ROLLING IMPACT sang, "Mary Did You Know?" (which is one of Emma's favorites, mine too) as well as "Jesus, What a Wonderful Child!" 
 ROLLING IMPACT joined all of the choirs at the end to sing "Carol of the Bells" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (next few pictures).



 I was actually sitting quite far up in the audience. I got there 20 minutes early and everything, but it filled up very quickly. Grandma and Grandpa Hand and I all sat together, and Diana joined us too.

 I'm SO thankful for that lighting technician! I never would have gotten these pictures if the lights had been brought down. Emma didn't even know she was being photographed, which always makes for better pictures!
 After the concert, she did agree to a few pictures with her friends ...



 You are lovely, sweet Emma. 





Look at these darling girls! Yikes. SO sweet. 

My heart is pretty full tonight. Praying with all my heart that Emma will grow in her faith, will listen to God as He directs her life, and do great things for Him--because He is the One who loves her most.

No comments: