Sunday, December 30, 2018

Our Wednesday Sleepover

Wednesday, December 26:  Brendan and I got to have our usual one-on-one Wednesday today, PLUS because of Christmas break we got to have a sleepover!
 For Christmas this year, I bought myself an extra set (or two) of LEGOS because I really didn't have any LEGOS whatsoever that were "regular." Let me explain. I have a BIN of some old space LEGOS from when Dylan was young, and all of the kids play with these and make spaceships, etc. AND I also have a lighthouse set from LEGO Friends. But I kind of needed a selection of just plain old regular LEGOS so that we could build stuff from our imaginations.
 The sets I bought DID have some building plans included, so Brendan and I spent two solid hours Wednesday evening, just making stuff out of our new LEGOS! 
 Brendan is a super serious builder, and he is good at it too. One of his biggest assets is his PATIENCE. This child possesses SO MUCH of it! 

 We dumped out most of the LEGOS on a baby blanket so that they wouldn't get lost on my lighthouse rug. It was easier to dig for them that way too. It was so much fun.
 We popped some popcorn and watched "The Nativity Story." This was Brendan's pick from among: "Lassie," "Mary Poppins," "The Prince of Egypt," or "Fly Away Home." We got dressed for bedtime and watched the movie. Brendan had a lot of questions throughout the movie. It's very well done, actually. I would pause the movie so that I could attempt an answer (!!) and then resume the movie. It was such a nice time.

AFTER the movie, we snuggled up together and read "Little Rat Rides" about a little rat (duh) who learns to ride a horse just like her father had done when he was a little guy. It is a chapter book, very cute, and we read the entire thing.
 I had assembled the tent in my room so that Brendan and I could be together but so that I could sleep in my own bed instead of on the couch. Brendan finally fell asleep by about 10:30 and I read until about 11:00. Brendan slept soundly throughout the night until he woke up at nearly 8:30!
 We decided to visit the Planetarium today in order to see, "One Light One World" which is a Sesame Street production. Very cute. There was also a lot of interesting hands-on stuff going on at the museum, along with 5.3 million people who had decided to also visit the museum Thursday morning.







 We sat and made a Kirigram Dinosaur. Brendan is getting better and better at using scissors. He really enjoyed cutting out and decorating his dinosaur.

We couldn't stay for an extended period of time today because Brendan and I needed to eat lunch before I brought him back to Dylan and Kelly. We ate at McD's over by Brendan's house. 
It was a really nice time with you, Brendan. I am especially blessed to have you in my life, and I love you so much.

No comments: