Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Nutcracker

Saturday, December 1:  Through an odd turn of events today (i.e. my four kiddos had to cancel our day due to a family Christmas party, Diana's parents), I was asked to take Brendan to see The Nutcracker! You see, Kelly purchased the tickets last week not realizing she had a conflict on her calendar--a birthday party for a friend's little one that she promised to attend. They called me late morning and asked what I was up to--as it was, I was feeling sadly about the other kiddos not being able to come over and my day was essentially "free". I was super happy to be able to pick Brendan up in the early afternoon and drive over to the Jenison Art Center to see the performance of The Nutcracker.
 This was Brendan's FOURTH time seeing The Nutcracker (not this very one this year, but in prior years), but it was only my SECOND time. Brendan knew the whole story inside out. 
 The production was well done, but no photographs were allowed during the performance. The other ones I snapped of Brendan beforehand were too dark to use. 
So glad Brendan and I were able to do this today. We went out for dinner afterwards to Culvers where we had our usual good time of it. It is so easy to be with this darling grandson. He is not difficult to "entertain" because everything interests him. We had a nice afternoon together and then came home and visited with Aidan-boy for a little while. I'm a pretty blessed grandma!

No comments: