Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Pictures from Christmas Day

Tuesday, December 25, CHRISTMAS DAY 2018:  I spent Christmas morning baking cookies, finishing some gift wrapping, and preparing a cheesy potato casserole to share for dinner today. I arrived over at Dylan and Kelly's at about 1:15 with a spiral ham and other assorted food ready to go. Kelly had cooked a bunch of good stuff too.
 Little Erin Angel was in her play area just chilling out as folk were busy with meal preparation.
 Erin definitely likes to be talked to and fussed over. She has such a ready smile (see below), but she also checks me out completely ... and sometimes I wonder what is she thinking?

 Baby Aidan received a talking Peekachoo (I'm not spelling that right) from his folks that he LOVES so much. He held it closely to him most of the day. So cute.
 We ate our meal and cleaned up before Brendan even noticed that I had brought more than food packages into his house. They had already opened their family gifts earlier in the day.
 Brendan opened up one of his books I had gotten for him first. I had checked this book out from the library several weeks ago and Brendan loved the story so much! I was determined to order it for him for Christmas, even though it was going to cost $17.99! But THEN, I walked into Ollie's Outlet a few weeks ago and purchased a brand new copy of this great book for $3.99. YES! Brendan was SO pleased.
 I got Aidan a stuffed soft pig, as well as a finger puppet pig AND a piggy book. He was very pleased.
 I also got Aidan the Fisher Price camper/trailer set. He loved it and Brendan did too!
 Here are the antics produced when I asked Brendan if I could have a picture of him and his Sweet Pea book.



 SO sweet. Brendan got a super cool watch from his folks that does all kinds of cool stuff.
 Look at this precious baby doll and her mama.
 I just love these pictures.


 Little Erin turned six months last week. WOW. Look at her blue eyes! The question I have is: Is she a redhead?


 I got baby Erin a stuffed bunny (the softed stuffed animal I have EVER felt), some cute slipper/socks, a new outfit, and some cool connecting insect bead things. Oh! And a finger puppet book too (turkey). 
I also got to see Shane today. He was already over at Dylan and Kelly's house when I got there. I don't get to see him very often, but it made Christmas much more special to be able to be with him.

After we played for awhile, I left and went to my friend Robin's house to visit her for a little while and then I drove to the hospital to see another friend, and THEN I went to Jesse and Di's to say "hi" to their family, give/get hugs ... I was home by 8:30 and finished for the day! 

Another Christmas behind us. It could be our last ... because you just do not know what each year will bring. I am thankful for this one, though, and the joy that was experienced. God is so good.

No comments: