Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve, Part II

Monday, December 31:  New Year's Eve ... later in the evening. Dylan and Kelly were invited to a small party to bring in the new year, and I was invited to take care of this little doll baby while they were out!
 So from about 8:00 until 12:30 or so, Erin was ALL MINE!
 We had a very delightful first two hours together. Doesn't she have a darling smile? And those EYES of hers! Oh my!
 And her sweet little heart! Look at her expressions and just melt ...
 The expression below looks like she has encountered a real shock--don't worry, I didn't put on a scary mask or anything ... !!
 Erin has two tiny teeth on the bottom now ... and she is cutting her top two!
 See how super sweet she is? I just love these pictures of her.







By about 10:00 Erin had enough of me and wasn't sure exactly what she wanted, so she fussed and cried and growled at me for an entire hour before she finally gave it up and fell asleep on my lap. I had changed her, fed her, walked her, given her a little body rub ... nothing was calming her down. I turned on some beautiful music and began to sing to her -- she turned her head to look at me and she squinted her little eyes like she wasn't quite sure she appreciated my singing voice (it's not beautiful or anything), but then she settled right into my arms (as I walked her) and listened to the music and FINALLY fell asleep. I sat back down, very softly, on the recliner and held her close. She snuggled deeper and then was truly "out". I caressed her soft face, gazed upon this sweet little person, thanked the Lord for such a gift and fell asleep too.  

No comments: