Thursday, December 6, 2018

Wednesday's Boy

Wednesday, December 5:  It's Brendan Day today! For the first time, I let Brendan sit in the front seat of my car as we drove the nearly 45 minutes from Trinitas to the Beach House. His folks have let him do the front seat thing for a few weeks now IN a fully-buckled booster seat, and have assured me it is quite legal. I have hesitated because the front passenger seat is probably one of the most dangerous seats in a vehicle--especially with the slippery weather and early darkness ... and deer everywhere. BUT we had such a nice drive together with Brendan looking at the books I had brought along for the occasion (about Moses and Egypt--Brendan has been studying this at school), and so we talked about good stuff as we drove.
 Once here, Brendan and I put together our Nativity puzzle. It's such a fun puzzle, and Brendan was totally into it. I've always loved puzzles!
 Look how pleased my Wednesday Boy is!
I love this child ... he is such a treasure in my life.
 After dinner, I asked Brendan if he would like to make a gift for his mama. I showed him the little loom I had and had Brendan pick a pattern and colors, etc. He worked hard at it with all of his might.
 We're going to finish it up next week. Brendan was very proud of his work.
 I'm not sure if you can see my "new" stuffed animal in the right corner of the above picture. SHE is a little hamster that I have named Hildegarde. She lives (usually) on my lamp table next to my bed AND she guards my stash of M&M's that I snack on each night while reading myself to sleep. She prefers to be called "Hildy" when she is not at work. Brendan carried her around the house throughout our visit and was completely enthralled with her. This child needs a REAL pet ... sigh.
 The picture below is of THREE totem poles (!!) that Brendan made from my colorform collection. He wanted me to notice how BIRDS are at the top of each of them, like REAL totem poles have. He put them up on the dining room window, so what you are seeing here if the reflection of the room behind ...
 Brendan had some of our nativity people join him for his cookies and milk. You see, we read a story about the Little Drummer Boy and in the story, the mule's name was Samson, the camel was Joshua, and the sheep was Baba. Brendan loved the story so much, he declared that both sheep in my Nativity were named "Baba" henceforth and forever, as well as my mule and camel being appropriately named Samson and Joshua. What a dear you are, Brendan.

No comments: