Friday, December 14, 2018

Sweet even when sick

Wednesday, December 12:  Brendan was super quiet tonight. Look at his dear little face! He was SO exhausted from a full day at school, and then he had an appointment AFTER school, and that's where I picked him up from Kelly to bring over here. Usually, Brendan talks the entire ride to my house ... but tonight, he was very quiet.
 Brendan played quietly while I made dinner for us. We read some books (as always). We listened to Christmas carols (as always). But Brendan was more cuddly tonight than he usually is. When we read our stories, he leaned in closely and had quiet words to offer. We worked hard on all of his homework, and he did a very nice job ... but he was SO tired.
 It was time to go back to his house before we knew it! I offered Brendan cookies and milk, which he usually jumps at enthusiastically ...
 But tonight, he just nibbled on them and barely drank his chocolate milk! He loves this Kincaid Christmas train/tree! 
We drove back to Brendan's house in the cold and darkness. I wrapped a blanket around my Little Fellow. He looked so pathetic. We got to his house, drove up his driveway, he dragged himself out of my car and ... immediately threw up on his sidewalk. Oh.my.heart. Poor one. Here he was SICK the entire night and I didn't know it until the very end. SO ... please forgive me, dearest. You are the sweetest boy your grandma has ever met. You are sweet even when you are sick.

No comments: