Friday, December 14, 2018

She's a busy girl!

Thursday, December 13:  I took Kaity down to the GR Public Museum late this afternoon. She loves being "out and about", so she was pretty excited when I told her where we were going. Having a grandparent membership to a few places sure has come in handy and allows many more times to visit and explore.

This is Kaity in the "Doll Room" which we have never played in before tonight. I can't even tell you why except this is on the first floor, almost as soon as you enter ... perhaps we've just never seen it before; however, when I was here Monday with Aidan, I discovered it and took note to show it to Kaity. She was very pleased with the entire room. I meant to photo the sign that said "PLEASE TOUCH." Those are GOOD signs.
Kaity pouring me a cup o'tea!
 I showed Kaity the LEGO model of downtown GR but she was not one bit impressed with it! However, I gave her a quarter to put into the 1914 Coinola and she WAS impressed and watched it working carefully. She is a very mechanically-minded person, so this really interested her.

 I told her the piano was programmed to play and built back in 1914, 104 years ago! She seemed to understand that meant it was OLD.

 Picture below is Kaity and I in the elevator going UP UP UP to the 2nd floor. Kaity prefers elevators to stairs. There is a mirror in the ceiling of this elevator!
 Look at how HAPPY Kaity is! I love to see her SO excited, SO engaged with her surroundings, especially when there is NO video or electronics involved ... kids have too much of that!
 There is a very cool TOY exhibit going on presently at the museum. Very hands on. Kaity really enjoyed playing with all of the stuff. It reminded me a little bit of the Children's Museum, only cleaner (I have a "thing" about the dirt at the Children's Museum! It just seems as though there must be a billion germs hanging out there waiting to attack!).
 Kaity played "Operation."


 And Hungry Hungry Hippos!
 And a super BIG xylophone!
 And she rode around on this mini soap-box car.
 I love this relief map of Michigan. Look! I never realized how elevated certain parts of the state actually are! Grand Rapids is nice and hilly and it really shows how the Grand River is down in valleys, etc.
 We naturally rode the Carousel, 2x mind you!
 Kaity loves the carousel. The first time we rode it, we had the entire carousel to ourselves!


 This is Kaity's horse ...

 Downtown view from the carousel. Don't we have a pretty city? I probably think that due to the river running through it ... I love to be anywhere near water.
 The picture below is Kaity on the old horse-drawn trolley ...




 This is dear Kaity, flying down the stairs to get to the first floor ahead of me. She is always about 20 steps in front ...
 We had a nice meal together at home. Kaity did a little coloring while she waited for her meal. She was a great eater tonight! I was so thankful!
 We got our paints out and did some painting together, which is always enjoyable. It's so relaxing.
 Kaity is a very good artist, too. She seems to truly enjoy doing art. I'm so glad about that.

 We also played with our PlayMobile stuff because it is super cool. Based on our play tonight, I feel more confident Kaity will love what I got her for Christmas.
Everyone came to visit the baby Jesus tonight!

No comments: