Sunday, December 16, 2018

Saturday Trio

Saturday, December 15:  I have a standing Saturday date with Jesse's kiddos ... each Saturday at 3:30 pm I pick up whichever of the children want to come over and we all hang out over here. When the weather permits, we go places; but usually in the colder months, we just do stuff around my little house.
Kaity did some WINDOW art tonight too.
She could NOT believe I was allowing her to write on my windows!
 Surprisingly today, Emma and Christopher came over along with Kaity (who never fails to come). Matthew was at a friends this afternoon and so wasn't with us.
 Ems and Christopher had not yet "played" with my newer Brio trains, so Kaity and I went into the back room (the toy room), closed the door, and the two of us raced cars back there while Chris and Emma built a layout.
 When they were finished, they told us to come and take a look.
 Very nice, guys! They used every available track. I was told that I do not have enough STRAIGHT track, and they are right! I also could use some "bones" and a few end pieces. Perhaps I will get those one day. In the meantime, everyone does have fun just building with what I have. I love to see what the children come up with, and I especially like it when they work together on a project. Good job.


 Kaity LOVES the Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. I probably have 100+ from very OLD ones to rather new models, as well as a few dozen of my boys' old micro-machines. We get a LOT of play out of these cars and trucks.
 Kaity and I raced and cracked up the whole time.

 Chris took these pictures of Emma working on the layout ...

 We had our Bible story tonight which was about the end of King David's life, the anointing of Solomon as the next king, David's last words, and Solomon's prayer for wisdom. It was a super interesting lesson. The kids illustrated the story as I told it to them. We had a good time. I'm always thankful to "teach" the Bible, as long as I've studied and know the story!
 We ended our time together with cookies and hot chocolate.


My heart was happy tonight just being with my grandchildren. I'm pretty blessed to have them. They are a JOY and a DELIGHT to me.

No comments: