Sunday, December 23, 2018

Decorating for daddy

Wednesday, December 19:  First of all, let me say that these pictures of Brendan are not typical of him! After being at school all day, he is quite tired by the time he gets over to my little place. PLUS, we had a bunch of homework we had to get done before we could get serious about doing our decorating project.

I do have one story about doing homework with Brendan. I will tell you that I was completely unprepared for how Brendan tackles his homework. We had a math page to do tonight--50 addition problems, which were not difficult problems, and Brendan is very strong in math. However, he just couldn't seem to get serious about writing out his answers tonight! At one point, his answer to 7 + 4 looked like an equals sign, i.e. = So naturally, I asked him what was up with that answer. He replied that it was the number eleven, but it "falled over" and was now "lying down." He told me this while completely cracking up! I couldn't help but laugh! Some of his other numbers were up to no good as well: some merely ran away right off the page! Yikes. SO ... it took awhile for us to accomplish his math page correctly.

Afterwards, I asked Brendan if he wanted to make something for his daddy for Christmas (since we had made a gift for Kelly the week prior). He was super enthused about this! Yes! So here are the pictures of him very seriously frosting cookies for Dylan.






 Good job, Chef Brendan!
I love this little child SO much. Look how tired he is! Home to bed sleepy-head!

No comments: