Saturday, October 5, 2019

A short road trip

Thursday and Friday, October 3 and 4:  I drove over to Detroit early Thursday morning to spend some time with my sister, Ruthanne. Terry was out of state on a mission trip, so Ruthanne and I were determined to get a little one-on-one together! It rained on my drive over to Detroit, and it continued to rain throughout the day. Ruthanne and I ate lunch at Max & Erma's over at Patridge Creek and then we went to see "Downton Abbey." I can't say I truly liked the movie! I enjoyed the series because I found the people, both upstairs and downstairs, to be interesting people. But ... yikes. The whole "class" thing among the British people goes SO DEEP and reaches way DOWN to the servants below. There was so much pride and so much deference given to people based on their "status." The only One worthy of that kind of honor is Jesus Himself. The movie WAS well done, though, and continued the saga right where it had left off. After the movie, we did a little bit of shopping over at Barnes & Nobles and before we knew it--it was time to eat at Bubba's! We really weren't all that hungry, so we split a pizza. I've never had anything at Bubba's that wasn't delicious.

Friday morning, we woke up to a DRY day and quite early on, the sun was shining. We had hoped to drive out to Yates today to take a nice walk by the Clinton River. That last time we did this, I believe was back in 2007 at about the same time of the year--except the colors were VERY brilliant during that visit.
 We enjoyed a beautiful walk, with or without color ... it's really beautiful here. The river was fast flowing from all of the rain we've had, and the sound was soothing and very wonderful.

 Ruthanne and I enjoyed a good talk as we walked along. She is my only sister, and she is very precious to me. 

 We also enjoyed a warm cinnamon/sugar donut ... mmmm.

 Beautiful place, isn't it?
I drove home from Detroit Friday afternoon, stopping to sleep just outside of Lansing (something about driving and sleepiness happens every time), but I felt much better when I continued my drive home. I should have snapped a picture of Ruthanne along the way, but I didn't! She's not terribly fond of having her picture taken (I'm the same) ... so I guess it's okay! I hope to get back to see her every month or so--we're not getting any younger, and I don't want to neglect her.

No comments: