Thursday, October 24, 2019

An adventure with KT

Thursday, October 24:  When I picked Kaity up from school today, I told her we were going on an adventure. Kaity is always UP for an outdoor adventure. 
 It's been many years since I've brought Kaity into Ada--and since I've been here recently and it's so beautiful, this is where we came.
 Kaity loves to explore outside--I do too! Plus, the colors in W. Michigan have peaked ... I couldn't resist one more time to take a few more pictures of this location.




 Graffiti is everywhere on the train tresstle ... difficult to figure the how and why of it ... but it is what it is.
 We hiked up the trail to the top where you can get a good view right on the train bridge. We did NOT cross it, nor did I take Kaity out over the river from on top ... it's just not safe and Kaity is too young for me to trust out there.
 We just went up to the top, took a few pictures, and then Kaity and I went back down!

 Red is my favorite color ...
 We crossed through the covered bridge to the other side where we explored a bit more ...

 I love being outside with you, Kaity. I love your love of everything outside! I love how happy you are when you are running and exploring.

 So there was this pathway that was a bit gnarly ... but Kaity ran ahead and what could I do but follow?

 Kaity threw a bunch of rocks into the water here ... BIG plops!
 These last few pictures are just some nice angle of the covered bridge, which I would not have taken were it not for Kaity taking the pathway down, down, down, past the rocks and to the edge on the far side of the train bridge--thank you, dear Kaity.




No comments: