Sunday, October 20, 2019

Fallasburg in October

Friday, October 18:  It has been precisely 23 years since I have been out to Fallasburg Park. I can't think WHY it has taken me SO long to drive 25 minutes down the road to this beautiful place. I completely forgot it existed!
 This is the Flat River ...

 The colors are not yet at their height around here ... but I figured I'd take a few hours and enjoy what we have while we have it!

 I love autumn, and if it wasn't for the fact that Winter follows right on its heels--it would be my favorite season of the year. Don't misunderstand now ... I LOVE the beautiful of Winter! If we could just have that beauty without the accompanying COLD, it would probably be my favorite!

 This is the famous historic covered bridge that cars are still permitted to cross going a mere 5mph!
 Isn't this such a pretty place?

 I would have loved to have taken pictures on the other side of the bridge, but on the far side of the river, there is too much tree cover and not a single path through ... and on this side of the river, it is private property patrolled by TWO very vicious looking dogs barking like their lives depended on it. I do not like scary dogs. I thought I could try and sneak past them ... but no way, Jose'.
 Still, I attempted every possible angle ...
 It's a very nice bridge!

 I drove through the park a bit, looking for other places to photograph the river's edge ...

 I took a bunch of pictures ... these were my favorites.







These were all taken in early morning light ... a wonderful time to be out and about in God's amazing creation!

No comments: