Friday, October 18, 2019

Dinosaurs and stuff

Wednesday, October 16:  When I picked Brendan up from school Wednesday afternoon I asked him how long it had been since he had been to the Children's Museum. He said it had been awhile, so we went there!
Brendan has a keen interest in dinosaurs. He knows their names and how to appropriate pronounce even the longest of them (and corrects me as I speak the name--which, honestly, I do appreciate!).  
 I'm over my germaphobic write-off of the Children's Museum--it is what it is! There is a lot of really good hands-on activities for children, and Brendan is all about DOING and experimenting. I love this about him so much.

 We walked around and did all of the cool stuff we could fit in during the 90 minutes we were there. The museum closes at 5:00 and that's just about when we walked out.
 It doesn't really take much to entertain Brendan. He is very self-motivated when he is interested, at least. He is super patient and very persistent. These are realy good qualities, Brendan!


 After we had worn ourselves out downtown, we came back to my house to hang out and play for awhile. Matey came out to play too. Brendan was pretty pleased about having a pet to play with.
 We picked up a small dinosaur building kit while at the gift shop and Brendan worked on that while I was making our dinner.

 We ate, and then played with Matey for quite awhile.




 Such joy our little First Mate brings to us!



We also read a few library books:  "T-Rex vs. Edna (the very first chicken)" by Douglas Rees, illustrated by Jed Henry. It was a very funny story which cracked both of us up. We also read, "Pink is for Blobfish, Discovering the World's Perfectly Pink Animals" by Jess Keating, illustrations by David DeGrand. This was NOT a story book, but it was very fun to check out these super weird PINK animal. Brendan already knew several of the species and told me all about them as we looked at pictures. I love to look at books with you, Brendan. You find everything SO interesting and you are never in a hurry to finish a book! 

No comments: