Tuesday, October 8, 2019

"New" playgrounds

Saturday, October 5:   Kaity-Jane and I went hunting for some "new" playgrounds today. I picked her up at the usual time, and instead of going to HER school playground, we went over to Greenridge Elementary, just off 4-Mile. We discovered a super nice playground here! Kaity was excited to see it and try everything out.
 What a monkey she is!

 It's difficult to keep up with this little person ...
 I love to see you play like this, Kaity! You are at your happiest when outside and FREE like the wind.
 Kaity suggested we go to my house and get all my digging toys and bring them over here! I nixed that idea, at least for today.

 We also drove over to Pine Island Elementary (grades 3 through 5). Kaity had a lot of fun trying all of the "big" kid stuff out over there. She LOVES monkeybars (because she is part-monkey herself) and did so many of them she said her hands were burning.





 We did spend time at my house too. We played my new game of shutes and ladders, as well as a tiny memory game (bought on clearance at Barnes & Nobles). Naturally, Kaity beat me at the memory game, but it was at least close!
 We played with our puppets for awhile, and visited with dear Matey-boy. Kaity is relentless with my bird--which is good, I think--because it gets him trained to be touched. He's been at my house now for five solid weeks! He's getting more and more used to people and to having little hands around him.

I love you immensely, Kaity-dear. You are a real JOY to my heart.

No comments: