Sunday, October 20, 2019

The other covered bridge

Friday, October 18:  While I was out and about, and since it is only a 20 minute drive to the OTHER covered bridge in the area, I drove over to Ada. I've taken lots of pictures of this bridge ... but you never know when you might just grab THE PICTURE you've always been longing for. That did not happen, but it was still worth driving here and enjoying the beautiful day God gave to us.

 Below:  I like this angle of the bridge very much.
 And even this one with the deck also pictured ...

 I took the following pictures from the bridge that crosses over the Thornapple ... I forget the street--perhaps it is Thornhills?


 A little redundant, but ... oh well.

 I walked across the covered bridge to the other side and was hiking up the steep path to the trestle that overlooks the covered bridge--I love it up there, and the vantage point is so interesting. I made my way up the path only to hear and RUMBLE and a SHAKING and what seemed to be out of absolutely NOWHERE ... this train (see it coming through the trees?)!
 It was right on top of me! Yikes. If I had been faster on my earlier walk, I would have found myself up on top of the train bridge at a very inopportune moment!
 After the train went by, I felt a bit more confident about walking the trestle, but I must admit I did it with more trepidation than usual. Isn't it a nice view though?



I'm thankful to enjoy a gorgeous autumn day like this, in good health ... thanks so much, Lord.

No comments: