Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The LIGHT in Michigan City

Friday, October 25:  Emma and I are headed to Hope Kendrick's wedding in Joliet, Illinois--which is TONIGHT! But on our way, we took a little detour so that I could see a lighthouse I have never seen before.
 Friday was clear, but a little bit COLD (in my estimation). However, we were very glad it was not raining.
 This is a beautiful place! And it's barely two point five hours from where we live! How is it that I have never visited here before!? Shocking.

 So I'm just going to run these pictures (a ridiculous number of them) ...


Emma and I were quietly walking along the boardwalk, and we both went to just peek on the other side of the wall when this seagull came up out of nowhere and squaked at us like crazy. !! 

 Dear, dear Emma .... how I love you! I kept telling Emma how much I LOVE going to new places, places I've never been before. I DO love it!
 It's always such an adventure, isn't it?

 This is THE longest catwalk I have ever seen!






 This sign did not (naturally) prevent us from walking beyond ...










The seagulls were plentiful and super FAT! Emma ran at them to see them fly ... they are so graceful when they do!










Since we had a long day ahead of us, we didn't prolong our visit here (although I would have loved to). Emma put up with my camera and took quite a few of her own beautiful pictures with her phone. So thankful for this time in Michigan City.

No comments: