Monday, December 14, 2020

December 13 Pickerell Lake

Sunday:  Before I get to the Pickerell Lake narrative, I have to first say that church this morning was SO wonderful. Pastor's teaching from Revelation 8 about God "decorating" heaven with our prayers was just amazing on so many levels. I am hoping and praying that the truth of what was taught will sink deep within my heart ... what an AWESOME God we have ... thank you, Lord!

After we ate lunch, Emma and I bundled up to take a "walk". I decided to drive over to Pickerell Lake (since it is only 12 minutes away) and enjoy a little stroll out there. I don't use the word "hike" because hiking implies something that doesn't happen when I am out in the woods. I can't just plod on ... I stop and look and SEE ... and breathe in God's incredible artistry. Emma has gotten used to me and my camera's odd ways and she does very fine with it. I think that she enjoys it very much, and I'm so thankful she does.

No matter what the season, no matter how color-less it gets in Michigan during the cold months, the beauty and quiet of a woods here is just wonderful and so renewing.

Emma ordered a new winter coat this year. She has been working at a really nice place since April and has saved up quite a nice sum of money for future needs. I love these pictures of her in her nice warm coat.

There was zero wind today, which made the cold seem far less ... frigid at least. We haven't had any accumulating snow yet this season, but I was glad to see the beautiful traces of white on the trees--aren't they so lovely?





This "park" is only a mile down Ramsdell from Cannonsburg--where my boys and I did a lot of frog-catching when they were little ones. I didn't even know this place existed when I was raising them. I wish I had known it was here ...
Emma taking a picture ...
I love pathways through the woods, don't you?
Walking out in the woods with one of my favorite people in all the world ... well, it just doesn't get any better than this!
I love you so much, Emma.
 

No comments: