Friday, December 4, 2020

December 3 with my KT-Girl

Thursday:  Kaity's school is still closed due to COVID (she actually returns to in-person school tomorrow), so I picked her up from Jesse today at 2:00 to give us a little extra time together. A lot is going on in Kaity's life presently. COVID is a super big deal when you are in the second grade and cannot attend school--virtual school doesn't work very well at this age, at least not with Kaity's type of kiddo.

Plus, Kaity is the only child going back and forth between Jesse and Di--she does really well with it, I think, but still ... it is a lot for a little child to handle, no matter what. Thanksgiving happened without me seeing Kaity this year; plus, the prior Saturday she had been out of town with her mom--so almost 10 days had gone by without spending time with her. The extra time that was given to us today was good.

I didn't take many pictures of Kaity today. She was pretty much in high gear throughout the entire time and moved quickly from one activity to the other--but sometimes that's just how she enjoys herself. I try to keep up with her, but sometimes I struggle! These pictures represent a rare three minutes when she was quiet and settled enough in front of the toy nativity that I quickly grabbed my camera and captured some of the moment.
For some reason, Kaity doesn't tolerate me telling her stories--unless they are personal stories about my life that are humerous. I would love to use these little figures and briefly tell her the beautiful Christmas story--but Kaity says she "knows" that story and wants to move on ... we DO move on but my heart is always a bit sad that we can't "review" this amazing story time and time again.
So how DID we fill up five hours together? Let's see ... we played with Lily and Liam for awhile. It seems that Liam fell off the top bunk bed and now has a broken arm! And Lily has broken her leg (I forget how). So Lily had her wheelchair with her today. We DID make a couple of PhotoBooth videos of Kaity and her babies--they were pretty funny too. I'll have to check to see if we snapped any still shots ...

We DID! I had forgotten this one! We played back in the playroom for awhile with bean bags and the game Emma made years ago out of cardboard. We also set up a pretty cool race car track here in the front room and raced cars for quite a long time! We ate our usual hot dog meal and enjoyed a mini-ice cream cone for dessert. Before we knew it, it was time to drive Kaity back to Diana. I'll see her again on Saturday.

No comments: