Saturday, December 26, 2020

December 22 At my house

Tuesday:  I have way too many pictures to post, so I've narrowed it down (!!) to these ones ... these kiddos are so much fun and I love them to the moon and back.

Aidan and Erin LOVE this car wash/garage. I set it up on my "treasure chest" table so that it was not sitting on the floor where it would be stepped on, tripped over, and ... destroyed. We attached tracks and had races ...
Erin added a little music to our playtime. She is very happy with my instruments.
Erin and Matey played the piano for awhile too ... Erin mostly likes pushing the buttons on the side and watching them flash ...
She and Matey have a good understanding of each other's territory, though, and seem to enjoy each other tremendously.
Aidan pretends with many and various sound effects when his cars/trucks are being washed. It's super cute.


Aidan and Matey do NOT have an understanding between them whatsoever--and oftentimes Matey will INVADE Aidan's space in quite an unwelcome manner ... !
Poor Aidan cringes as Matey takes a low zoom over his head ... "swoosh" goes his wings!
Once Matey has departed, Aidan gets on with life as before ...
Aidan and Erin "share" the cars and car wash with Aidan barking orders right and left ... Erin mostly heeds Aidan's commands, but not always ...

Aidan got the idea to build a railroad track all around the car wash, so he worked on that for awhile. I helped him just a little bit ... but not very much.
Brendan played over by my bookshelves. I have lots of little trinkets on the shelves that he delights in ...
While waiting for their "noodles" to cook, these two played with my MagnaTiles ...
Erin absolutely delights in this toy ...
Aidan got super serious about what he was building ...

Erin too!

Aidan decided to build himself a truck ...

He did a very fine job of it too ...


Look how pleased he is with his creation!
Brendan was busy in the main room doing a little building of his own. He decided to make a very huge Magna-building--not TALL, but very interesting!
His building had rooms and all kinds of different sections. He worked very diligently on this and was very pleased too.
After lunch, we got out the pom poms to use with our car wash ... there is nothing like having really colorful and BIG rotating brushes to get the cars extra clean. Erin thought the pom poms made a very good wig ...
ERIN! You crack me up ...
Here are the pom poms being used as brushes for our car wash ...
... pretty cool, you two!
We also decorated Matey's cage with MagnaTiles ... because ... why not?
Brendan, who has always and forever LOVED rotating brushes, decided to use a pom pom to clothe our stuffed animal "Herbie" (who also repeats after us when we talk) ...
I LOVE these pictures of Brendan. Look at his precious face. I never get tired of just watching Brendan play.





Erin has a habit of climbing up on whatever is there to climb on. She makes it a habit of sitting on top of my tables ... I do watch her carefully so that she doesn't fall ... she is such a cutie ... she loves to be close to Matey's cage.
It was a wonderful Tuesday. We spent the entire day together. Such a privilege ... so exhausting ... but what better way to spend my time than this? 

No comments: