Saturday, December 26, 2020

December 24 Christmas Eve

Thursday:  My dear friend, Brenda, called this morning and wondered if she could come and give me a Christmas hug. Never ever ever would I turn down a Christmas HUG, especially from one as dear as Brenda. She came over at about 1:00 and she had gifts with her! Look at this beautiful ornament. I love it so much. She said when she saw it, she thought of our friendship. How wonderful! She also brought me a lovely little candle with a very cool match holder/matches, and a truly beautiful card. I may not have been blessed with good husbands, but I certainly have been blessed with precious friendships.

Kaity was given the job last night of picking out TWO Christmas presents for Matey. I didn't photo the other present, but this one is a real favorite now of his--he rings his little bells constantly. Kaity was so pleased to pick out his Christmas gifts!

I met Jesse's family at 2:00 over at Jesse's place. It was HIS Christmas day with his kiddos. Diana's is tomorrow. Getting used to the divorce takes a lot of doing ... and my heart aches for everyone--however, the Lord has been really good to Jesse and the children during this time and I am very thankful for that.

Jesse handed out gifts to the kids. Emma handed out HER gifts for her siblings as well. This was the first year Emma has been employed--so the first year she could actually purchase gifts for her family. She did a nice job of it too. The boys were really pleased with their sweatshirts, and Kaity with her jacket and matching coat (it matches Emma's new winter coat).

Matt also received a couple of decks of cards. Since he received FOUR separate decks, between stocking stuffers and I forget what else, he gave two of them to Emma, who loves card games.




Emma also wrote out very personal cards for her brothers. Below is Matthew reading every word. I don't know what Emma had to say to Matt, since it was a private card, but I'm really glad she did this. She is good at expressing what is in her heart and she loves both of her brothers dearly.
This is the front room at Jesse's house--it's still in progress as far as furniture and placement thereof--but it is coming along.
We yanked Jesse over to the table to teach him how to play "LIAR-LIAR" and even though he nearly fell asleep in the process, he caught on quickly and played a rousing game with us. 
All of the kiddos are VERY competitive and DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE a game for any reason whatsoever! But they are becoming better losers and more gracious winners as the years go by.


I love these pictures of the kids from today. I have so few pictures of Chris and Matt now that they are so grown up ... so I at least have these!

The Christmas Eve service at Calvary was at 7:30, so Jesse took the boys and Kaity back to Diana, and then Emma, Jesse and I attended the service. It was a quiet reading of the Christmas story, some beautiful music and carol sing-along, and then a candlelighting all over the auditorium--each of us holding our candles high with encouragement to be the LIGHT OF THE WORLD ...

Help us shine Your light this year, Lord!

No comments: