Friday, December 18, 2020

December 16 with Terry and Ruthanne

Wednesday:   I went to see Terry and Ruthanne this week. I left at exactly 9AM Wednesday morning and arrived just after 11:30AM. It was a good driving day--dry roads, no snow, no rain! This is their beautiful tree, perfectly decorated! I love their cozy house ... since RED is my favorite color, I found it extra delightful with all of the Christmas decorations up--Ruthanne has burgundy accents in her great room which look so wonderful with the Christmas decor.

Matey came along because he is a very social little bird and would be too lonely at home all by himself for 24 hours. Besides, he really likes to hang out with Ruthanne in particular!
We had a really nice time--played a few games, Ruthanne and I played duets on the piano and organ (Christmas Carols), we went to Ruthanne's book store in the evening to do a bit of work, and we just enjoyed being together. For lunch, Ruthanne made the most delicious "chicken squares" ... mmm ... and I found the recipe for it tonight in one of my cookbooks! YAY!
I asked Terry and Ruthanne to let me take their picture ... I like this of them very much.

It snowed in Detroit Wednesday evening and into the night, accumulating about an inch on the ground. It was super slippery Wednesday night. I was a little concerned about the drive back to Grand Rapids on Thursday morning, but I waited until mid-morning to head back--the roads were clean and dry, with just a little bit of heavy snow here and there until I got outside of Detroit and then ... no snow at all! 

It was a relaxing and fun time together. So thankful that I was able to travel this week and visit with them.











No comments: