Monday, December 7, 2020

December 7 Stuff

Monday:  Today I had a very easy, fun, relaxing kinds of "chores" to do: i.e. laundry, organizing my pantry, general cleaning ... and things were going very well until ...

GLUB ... GURGLE ... GLUB sounds came out of my kitchen sink as the washing machine was in the middle of a cycle. I have heard these sounds before, and they are never good tidings. However, since I live 90% in denial, I went on with what I was doing without investigating further. Sigh. That came to an abrupt end when I opened the front bathroom door to find water all over the floor there. Rats. Plumbing has always been an issue here.

I called my go-to all-around best worker ever--Jim--and told him what was going on. I tried the garbage disposal, only to have one sink back up into the other (I have a double kitchen sink). I didn't dare try to flush a toilet, but I did take note that there wasn't a drop of water in the front toilet. I told all of this to Jim. Since the "park" has regular and recurring plumbing issues due to the many trees and the millions of roots that have infiltrated all of the pipes around here--he suggested that I call the plumbing company that the "park" works with. You see, if the plumbing happens to be an outside-the-house problem, the park is responsible to pay for the repairs.

I called the plumbers and the dispatcher told me she didn't think she could find anyone to come to my place today--they are pretty booked all week. I explained the situation, and told her that Tuesdays are my grandchildren day, and she was very kind and said she would get back with me. I wandered briefly through the house, kind of dispairing ... and then I stopped and prayed. I asked the Lord to help the plumber arrive and fix the problem this afternoon! 

Voila'! They showed up! It WAS an outside problem, and they fixed it! I called the plumber's office thanking them for their great service! I was SO happy.

But wait ... after the trucks drove away (after I had run the kitchen sink and flushed both toilets as they asked me to do), I resumed doing laundry. Pooh. More GURGLE and GLUB sounds from the kitchen sink ... and water EVERYWHERE. I called the plumber back. The dispatcher answered, the same friendly lady I have already spoken to twice today. Sadly, it is now 4:30 in the afternoon. She cannot get anyone out here now until tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 9AM. So for now, it looks like my Tuesday plans with the little kids is being messed with.

On a happier note, Matey-Bird entertained me in the sink (this was BEFORE the gurgling began) playing with his toys (straws--he's obsessed with them) for awhile this morning. Last Friday, he played for a full 10 minutes and took a very thorough shower in the process too. Today, he was not at all interested in getting his body wet whatsoever.
That's OK because he is still cute.
Tomorrow's plans are kind of ... tentative. Either the plumbers will come nice and early and completely fix the plumbing and THEN I can go pick up the little kids and bring them over--OR--I may have to take care of the kiddos at their house instead of mine. Right now, I can't even flush a toilet ... that would not be a good thing with little ones around. 
 

No comments: